Thursday, February 24, 2011

Advices from the Experienced

I was reading several blogs by Gretchin Rubin, but I couldn't find anything that stood out to me until I read her blog, "The Things That Go Wrong Often Make the Best Memories--and Further Secrets of Adulthood". This blog had a very personal approach and voice to it; her personality shined as she gave spontaneous and random advices about life and her experiences of adulthood. I find it comical and very informed about the necessity of living. Her wisdom has definitely made my eyes open to the complexity and intricacy of aging!

Advices such as these makes me contemplate and ponder:

If you don't really want something, getting it won't make you happy.

It’s enormously helpful, and surprisingly difficult, to grasp the obvious.

(I believe they are very thought-provoking, no? ^_^)

2 comments:

  1. Dung-we missed you at Dr. Black's presentation on depression. He was an excellent presenter-in a way your second bullet point was his talk, in a nutshell: it's enormously helpful, and surprisingly difficult, to grasp the obvious. I love Gretchen Rubin's blog-her videos are great, too. They just make you think! I also like her, manifesto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there actually...I just came a little bit late. It was a very interesting seminar and Firehouse sandwiches were yummy!

    ReplyDelete