Thursday, April 1, 2010

Life is a beautiful struggle

I have been so caught up in my extracurricular activities and school work lately that I feel so disconnected from the world’s beauty. Have you ever heard of the quote “You can live without really living?” This quote totally described how I felt for the last two weeks because I was so busy with deadlines, and I got stuck into this tedious routine that you call “life.”

Today was actually the first time in a while since I grasp the meaning of being “alive” again. I took a nice 90 minutes jog around my neighborhood with my Ipod blasted to the maximum. The weather was beautiful with the sun shining its brightest and the wind was at a perfect speed. Breathing in the fresh air and looking closely at my surroundings makes me realize how beautiful our world is—the stress slowly slips away from my body and mind. I felt relieve from the pressure, the constant reminders, the endless assignments, the responsibilities, and expectations. Everything has been overwhelming, and I felt like I was being pulled in different directions. Sometimes it is nice just to escape from it all and find a peaceful place.

The simplicity of taking a jog helps me realize that life is a beautiful struggle. Although it might be tedious or drab at times, the obstacles and struggles will eventually result into something spectacular. I just need a mental constant reminder to look at the beautiful aspects of my stress, my busy schedule, and this supposedly “tedious routine that I call life.”

Quotes of the day:

“Take every chance, drop every fear.


“What I thought I could handle,

what I thought I could take,

what I thought would destroy me,

leaves me stronger in its wake.”

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are able to discern when you need to take a 'break'-I hope that you can learn to treat ALL that comes to you (deadlines, responsibilties, relationships, commitments) with peace of soul and with a quiet heart.

    ReplyDelete